Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Question re uploadable file types
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
We want to hear from you as we strive to make our portal better and more user friendly for all our guests and members.

TOPIC: Question re uploadable file types

Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #132

Can this site upload PDF files? If it does can you able to DOWNLOAD files? I have the latest "DSPORT Import Performance + Tech Magazine" Motorsport Guide featuring tips on the following areas:
1. Tracks
2. Drag Racing
3. Drifting
4. Road Racing
I am planning to scan and convert to PDF and upload for the benefit of enthusiasts back in the philippines.
  • Tsiong
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 22

Re: Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #135

I will ask our webmaster regarding your query.

Re: Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #136

Tsiong wrote:
Can this site upload PDF files? If it does can you able to DOWNLOAD files? I have the latest "DSPORT Import Performance + Tech Magazine" Motorsport Guide featuring tips on the following areas:
1. Tracks
2. Drag Racing
3. Drifting
4. Road Racing
I am planning to scan and convert to PDF and upload for the benefit of enthusiasts back in the philippines.


WEBADMIN reporting papz I'll answer Tsiong's Query

the answer is Yes, Yes all registered members can upload pdf files to our site and they can also download pdf from our site - We have configured our forums section as a free for all dl/upload for members at the moment.

Sooner, as we grow on... spammers will flock our site and then ... downloads will soon be restricted to members only - but as we build our site, lurkers can roam around and view, contribute and download info.

Here is a sample snapshot on how to add pdf file and accepted file formats that we can upload and download in the forums area.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


this is the sample pdf file attached by clicking add file from attachments.

by default it will be automatically attached as an icon.like the sample below.

->> click insert file if you want it attached on the reply page itself.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your query and future contribution to the pinoy drag racing community - we are listening.

Thanks & More Horsepower!
Attachments:
  • zain
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 21
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by zain.

Re: Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #138

zain wrote:
Tsiong wrote:
Can this site upload PDF files? If it does can you able to DOWNLOAD files? I have the latest "DSPORT Import Performance + Tech Magazine" Motorsport Guide featuring tips on the following areas:
1. Tracks
2. Drag Racing
3. Drifting
4. Road Racing
I am planning to scan and convert to PDF and upload for the benefit of enthusiasts back in the philippines.


WEBADMIN reporting papz I'll answer Tsiong's Query

the answer is Yes, Yes all registered members can upload pdf files to our site and they can also download pdf from our site - We have configured our forums section as a free for all dl/upload for members at the moment.

Sooner, as we grow on... spammers will flock our site and then ... downloads will soon be restricted to members only - but as we build our site, lurkers can roam around and view, contribute and download info.

Here is a sample snapshot on how to add pdf file and accepted file formats that we can upload and download in the forums area.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


this is the sample pdf file attached by clicking add file from attachments.

by default it will be automatically attached as an icon.like the sample below.

->> click insert file if you want it attached on the reply page itself.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your query and future contribution to the pinoy drag racing community - we are listening.

Thanks & More Horsepower!



Got it thanks.
  • Tsiong
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 22

Re: Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #143

Tsiong wrote:
zain wrote:
Tsiong wrote:
Can this site upload PDF files? If it does can you able to DOWNLOAD files? I have the latest "DSPORT Import Performance + Tech Magazine" Motorsport Guide featuring tips on the following areas:
1. Tracks
2. Drag Racing
3. Drifting
4. Road Racing
I am planning to scan and convert to PDF and upload for the benefit of enthusiasts back in the philippines.


WEBADMIN reporting papz I'll answer Tsiong's Query

the answer is Yes, Yes all registered members can upload pdf files to our site and they can also download pdf from our site - We have configured our forums section as a free for all dl/upload for members at the moment.

Sooner, as we grow on... spammers will flock our site and then ... downloads will soon be restricted to members only - but as we build our site, lurkers can roam around and view, contribute and download info.

Here is a sample snapshot on how to add pdf file and accepted file formats that we can upload and download in the forums area.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


this is the sample pdf file attached by clicking add file from attachments.

by default it will be automatically attached as an icon.like the sample below.

->> click insert file if you want it attached on the reply page itself.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your query and future contribution to the pinoy drag racing community - we are listening.

Thanks & More Horsepower!



Got it thanks.


Administrator: Please delete my last three failed uploads. ALSO: I tried uploading the combined PDF file earlier but it kept hanging up in the end. Next tried uploading single files one at a time but the last two failed. the ONLY PDF file that succeeded was the contents page. Image files cannot be used for the print is so tiny they are useless for reading therefore PDF is the best. Please advise for solutions thanks!
  • Tsiong
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 22

Re: Question re uploadable file types 7 years, 7 months ago #145

Tsiong wrote:
Tsiong wrote:
zain wrote:
Tsiong wrote:
Can this site upload PDF files? If it does can you able to DOWNLOAD files? I have the latest "DSPORT Import Performance + Tech Magazine" Motorsport Guide featuring tips on the following areas:
1. Tracks
2. Drag Racing
3. Drifting
4. Road Racing
I am planning to scan and convert to PDF and upload for the benefit of enthusiasts back in the philippines.


WEBADMIN reporting papz I'll answer Tsiong's Query

the answer is Yes, Yes all registered members can upload pdf files to our site and they can also download pdf from our site - We have configured our forums section as a free for all dl/upload for members at the moment.

Sooner, as we grow on... spammers will flock our site and then ... downloads will soon be restricted to members only - but as we build our site, lurkers can roam around and view, contribute and download info.

Here is a sample snapshot on how to add pdf file and accepted file formats that we can upload and download in the forums area.


This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.


this is the sample pdf file attached by clicking add file from attachments.

by default it will be automatically attached as an icon.like the sample below.

->> click insert file if you want it attached on the reply page itself.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your query and future contribution to the pinoy drag racing community - we are listening.

Thanks & More Horsepower!



Got it thanks.


Administrator: Please delete my last three failed uploads. ALSO: I tried uploading the combined PDF file earlier but it kept hanging up in the end. Next tried uploading single files one at a time but the last two failed. the ONLY PDF file that succeeded was the contents page. Image files cannot be used for the print is so tiny they are useless for reading therefore PDF is the best. Please advise for solutions thanks!


Hi tsiong, I guess the file sizes are not appropriate for a single upload in the forums area. I agree with the useless upload if quality suffers, that is why we have designed the site to be quality-oriented but the tendency is that the website becomes heavy and best accessed only by fast internet connections.

We are going to create a Download Area and Upload area within today hopefully, we will just test it first. Within this downloads area and share uploads ... we can upload anything we want to share within the community.It will be dedicated to all file sharing within the site all dragracing games, girls,articles, pictures that we would like to share.

Please bear with us on this upgrade, we are going to implement later after a successful test.

Thanks again for your inputs and More horsepower!
  • zain
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 21
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
gototop