Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
The Usual Members Introductions for new members
  • Page:

TOPIC: new guy

new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #122

Hello people. I'm from Makati/Cavite but work in CA, USA. Just checking out what you guys back home in the philippines are up to. Back in the 80's our drag race group were among the first to race in the first ever sanctioned drag races in Ortigas Philippines. A lot of things have certainly changed. Glad to see dedicated drag strips and race circuits there.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Tsiong
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Tsiong. Reason: add photo

Re: new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #124

Hi, welcome again to DRP. I also remember drag races back then at Ortigas Meralco ave. We were there also. New technologies have really changed the way our cars run now. Nice Evo you have. More horsepower to you. dragracingpinoy USA.

Re: new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #125

Thanks DRP: Wow you must have been around...being there at Ortigas at the time. Do the following names then ring a bell to you: Jing of JLL Performance; Phil Gulfin; Mio; Dondi Montecillo of Turbo Paranaque; the chinese group of RaceCo and Vic Elizaga's Volkswagon beetles??? Atbp which I cannot recall anymore.
  • Tsiong
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Tsiong.

Re: new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #126

Tsiong wrote:
Thanks DRP: Wow you must have been around...being there at Ortigas at the time. Do the following names then ring a bell to you: Jing of JLL Performance; Phil Gulfin; Mio; Dondi Montecillo of Turbo Paranaque; the chinese group of RaceCo and Vic Elizaga's Volkswagon beetles??? Atbp which I cannot recall anymore.

Oh yes, actually am the turbo guy from Las Pinas not Paranaque.

Re: new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #127

dragracingpinoy wrote:
Tsiong wrote:

OK...Did your group's car (color blue with a huge turbo decal in the rear window with Dondi as the driver) race against this fully-lightened "Torona" (color white and sorry I cannot recall the car brand anymore) in front of the Children's Hospital at QC Circle a long time ago? BTW...I am the owner of the RED 1979 Lancer with the tiny JLL Performance decal in the rear window.
  • Tsiong
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Tsiong.

Re: new guy 6 years, 10 months ago #128

Tsiong wrote:
dragracingpinoy wrote:
Tsiong wrote:

OK...Did your group's car (color blue with a huge turbo decal in the rear window with Dondi as the driver) race against this fully-lightened "Torona" (color white and sorry I cannot recall the car brand anymore) in front of the Children's Hospital at QC Circle a long time ago? BTW...I am the owner of the RED 1979 Lancer with the tiny JLL Performance decal in the rear window.

Wow, that's a long time ago. I really don't recall anymore. But we use to race there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
gototop